Thursday, February 02, 2006

November 19, 2005


THE REAL (ESTATE) STORY
By Larry Underhill

LAST WEEK’S front-page Home of the Week was an interesting mix of fact and fiction. The printed information on 1517 Camphor Way was correct: Great floor plan, excellent price per square foot (under 217.00 per foot), pristine condition, nice neighborhood. At $459,950 it’s a great buy!

THE FUN BEGAN when the reader checked out the photo. A fine looking home indeed! Definitely not 1517 Camphor Way, but a nice-looking pad to be sure. Whose home WAS that? We may never know. If I was feeling really frisky I’d make a crack about the Sentinel folks smoking their lunch that day or some such…but since I value my relationship with this fine newspaper I’ll refrain from any humorous comments.

A FORMER PASTOR of mine was fond of saying, “I always want to give people an extra measure of grace…because I know the day will come when I’ll need some myself.” Good words. I know I make my share of miscues. This minor error is no big. My good-natured Sellers took it all in stride, the News Sentinel is printing some kind of correction today (it’s in here somewhere!), and life goes on. It was good for a chuckle!

OPEN TODAY from 12 noon to 2:00 p.m.: 723 East Century Place! This $339,950 home has an accepted contingency offer that frankly looks like it’ll work, but I decided to give the home a little extra exposure just in case. Statesman’s John Manguso will host this home AND…

OPEN TODAY from 2:30 to 4:30: 2100 Corbin Lane! My Sellers have reduced the price on this fine Westside home AGAIN! Now $359,950! Freshly remodeled! New composition roof! Updated kitchen and baths! Vinewood schools! Such a deal.

SPEAKING OF price reductions: That shop building in the alley at 7 West Chestnut (behind Daniger’s Furniture) has been REDUCED to $199,950! When you consider that this price includes about 2,000 square feet of shop space, office and storage you can see that it’s a value. We’ve had a couple of very interested people with big plans for this place, but as of this moment it’s still very much available. Going, going…

JUST LISTED…sort of. My Sellers at 306 West Turner Road are only on the market IF they nail down the replacement home on which they’ve made an offer. As I write this week’s rant, we don’t yet have a deal! Hence the caveat.

Let me tell you about 306 West Turner: It’s a tastefully-remodeled two-bedroom with a Family Room that technically can be called a third bedroom (it has a closet and the French doors can be closed and covered to create the third bedroom). Two nicely-upgraded bathrooms! Whole-house fan! A good-sized deck AND a small covered patio! Detached two-car garage! Beautifully redone kitchen with newer appliances and full-splash tile! There’s more to see, but this will whet your appetite. At $319,950, these folks are ready to MOVE (assuming they tie down the home they’re dreaming of). By the time this paper hits your roof, we’ll know whether 306 West Turner Road is truly for sale. Call if you’re curious!

TO ERR IS HUMAN…to be able to laugh at yourself when you mess up is essential to a long and happy life. Have a great week! See you next Sat.

Statesman Realty
(209) 333 2380
1800-407-SOLD (7653)
Website: www.larrysellslodi.com
Website: www.larryunderhill.com
Email: Larry@LarryUnderhill.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home