Monday, February 26, 2007

February 24th, 2007 Winifred Jane Wieland column



THE REAL (ESTATE) STORY
By Larry Underhill

SHE BATTED HER LONG DARK LASHES and I was smitten. It was love at first sight. I met her shortly after she arrived in town Monday morning. One look into her deep blue eyes and I was a goner.

We hit it off immediately. I like the way she seems to hang on my every word. She’s very attentive and a good conversationalist (she lets me do all the talking). We spent most of Monday together, getting to know each other. This little lady warmed right up to me! After knowing her only an hour, I was changing her diaper.

You guessed it. I’m a new Grandpa. My very first grandchild is Winifred Jane Wieland. We’re not sure if she’ll end up a Winnie or a Freddie. All I know is that all the rapturous talk I’ve endured from Grandmas and Grandpas over the years is TRUE! I’m loving this.

The little family is safe at home as of Tuesday. (I can’t believe I’m urging pictures of my grandchild on you nice people. Never thought I’d do such a thing! Grandparenthood makes you act in strange ways.).

CONGRATULATIONS to Gary and Jeanne McGee on the successful SALE of their Lodi home AND on the successful PURCHASE of their (nearly-) new Lodi home about a half mile away! The McGees could be poster kids for this current soft real estate market. I listed their home almost exactly TEN MONTHS AGO. The McGees have worked closely with me as we responded to the sliding real estate market with several price reductions. The GOOD news for Gary and Jeanne was that as their list price went down, they watched the list prices on their potential replacement homes drop. All the boats float on the same tide.

This past week, all of our efforts came to fruition. With the help of my strong right-hand Broker Greg Adams, we structured an arrangement that allows the McGees to stay in their original home until their planned upgrades to the new home are complete. As a local builder recently told me, “In this tough real estate market, I need a real pro if I expect to get the job done.” We “got it done” once again. Thanks also to Realtors Jerry Mason (he brought the Buyers) and Sandy Vargem (she represented the Seller on the McGees’ new place). Good job all around!

MY LISTINGS KEEP SELLING! What a happy problem. I have room for more right-priced listings if you know of anyone who really wants to get their home SOLD (not just listed). If you know anyone who needs my help, either Sellers or Buyers, please call me with their name and number! I promise to serve them well. Thanks in advance.

MORE GREAT LISTINGS ON THE WAY! Watch this space for details on a couple of beauties coming soon. Have a great week! See you next Sat.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to All.

We agree Larry, She is adorable.

Miss WinnieJane has Grandpa bursting with happiness, which also causes the old leather wallet to kick-down the goodies.

You Go Winiegirl.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home