Thursday, February 02, 2006

November 26, 2005


THE REAL (ESTATE) STORY
By Larry Underhill


TRUTH IN ADVERTISING…It has been pointed out to me that my mug shot in this little column has been more than a little outdated for some time. At first I was in denial. “That picture’s just a couple of years old!” Then, when I began cultivating the current crop of fur, I had to face the obvious (no pun intended).

THE TURNING POINT CAME when a prospective client dropped by with the column in hand. He took one look at me and another at the column and asked, “Do you have a son named Larry?”

That didn’t really happen, but it’s kind of a running gag among Realtors. “Do you have a daughter named (fill in the blank)?” Many Realtors’ business cards sport photos that were accurate a decade ago. Hey, change happens! Raise your hand if you’ve ever looked in the mirror and asked, “How did my (Dad/Mom) get in there?” You don’t feel any different, but da mirror don’t lie.

MOTIVATED SELLERS! Here’s a home that I expected to see in the Pending category by now. Maybe it’s been waiting for you! Vinewood schools! Great Westside location! Tastefully remodeled and updated! 2100 Corbin Lane has been recently REDUCED to $359,950. What’s not to like?

NEWS FLASH: My Sellers of 306 West Turner DID tie down the home they’d like to purchase! Their deal is hinged on the sale of (what else?) 306 West Turner. In the five days it’s been listed (as of this writing), this home has received SIX showings! Prediction: This one won’t last long. It’s a nicely-remodeled two-bedroom with a Family Room that can be called a third bedroom. Two upgraded bathrooms! There’s a lot more to tell, but come see for yourself! $319,950.

MIRRORS, CONT’D…As I grew this fuzzy face, there were times when I’d catch a glimpse of myself in a window and dig into my pocket for spare change. I looked like I should be on a corner with a sign: “Will sell real estate for food”. Now that the beard’s grown in a bit, I like it all right (and more importantly, Julie’s OK with it). My face will be WARM this winter!

CONGRATULATIONS to Statesman Realtor Greg Adams and his clients on the successful SALE of their Lodi rental property. Way to go, Greg!

IT’S BACK! 5207 East Woodbridge Road was temporarily off the market, but now you have another chance at it! Close-in country! Wooded, landscaped acre with family orchard! Charming ranch-style home! $659,950!

THERE’S A FAMILY STORY about a distant aunt of mine who fell in love with a circus acrobat. He whisked her away to a new life on the road. Trouble was, she needed to find a way to earn her keep in the circus. She settled on a gig as…the Bearded Lady. This necessitated regular shaving, of course, to grow the needed accessory. Unfortunately, as the story goes, the romance faded as the beard came in. She was left with no feller and a face full of fur. Don’t try it, ladies. Heartbreak is sure to follow!

MORE PEARLS of wisdom in next week’s rant. Hope your Thanksgiving was great. See you next Sat!
Statesman Realty
(209) 333 2380
1-800-407-SOLD (7653)
Email: Larry@LarryUnderhill.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home