Friday, September 01, 2006

August 19, 2006

THE REAL (ESTATE) STORY
By Larry Underhill


AS THIS PAPER hits your flower bed, I’m wrapping up a short visit to Chicagoland. In addition to Chicago-style hot dogs and Chicago-style pizza and Chicago blues, I hope to have learned something at the National Association of Realtors’ Leadership Summit. Every year, the incoming Prez of the Lodi Association of Realtors is invited to attend the Summit in Chicago. Current President Paul Mertz came home last year singing the praises of the Windy City, as did those who came before him. I’m following the tradition.

REDUCED AGAIN…and such a value! 1818 Mimosa is a one-of-a-kind two-story home in the desirable Whispering Oaks community. One square foot shy of 1800 feet! Three bedrooms, two and a half baths! New 50-year composition roof! Laundry room! Immaculate interior with freshly painted walls! Refrigerator included! There’s more to say, but I want to surprise you. Call us for a private showing! The new price: $415,000. Going, going…

TODAY I FLY to San Diego for a little more training: the annual Mastermind Summit put on by Buffini and Company. Gotta learn how to serve you bettah! (San Diego is easy to take, too). In my absence, my right-hand Realtor Greg Adams is at the helm. I’m currently negotiating the sale of one of my listings, listing another property, and meeting the needs of over a dozen clients. I couldn’t go ANYWHERE without Greg’s steady hand on the tiller! If events unfold as usual, I’ll return to a SOLD listing or two and other positive developments. Between Greg, Debbie Mason (my Director of First Impressions) and my son Tom (Research Assistant, “I.T. Guy” and all-around support feller), my clients hardly know I’ve been away. (My cell phone DOES run up a few hours on every trip as I keep in touch with the office, however).

CONGRATULATIONS to Steve and Jennifer McGill (and daughter Danae) on the successful close of escrow on their home! I first met Steve when he and his two sisters rented one of my properties back in the eighties. At the time, Steve was younger than Danae is now! I’ve helped the McGills through their real estate adventures over the years, and they’re always a joy to work with.

EXAMPLE: As we sat at their kitchen table evaluating the market and deciding where to price their home, they actually took my suggestion and priced their home aggressively! The result: THREE offers (one stupid, two do-able). We leveraged the interest in the home into a sale price ten thousand bucks over the asking price. In this current market! Ninety percent of the “marketing strategy” necessary to getting a home SOLD is proper pricing.

CONGRATULATIONS ALSO to veteran Realtor Joyce Ferreira, who brought the Buyers to this adventure. Thanks, Joyce! Let’s do another one soon!

ANOTHER PRICE REDUCTION at 219 Cedarwood Court in Lodi! 2242 square feet of two-year-old home for $464,950? Yup. Not a misprint. Four bedrooms and two full baths upstairs, a half bath (off of the laundry room) downstairs! Cul-de-sac lot! Better than brand-new. Come and see!

SWEET HOME CHICAGO…It’s been fun. Gotta go! Have a great week! See you (live and in color) next Sat. Sooner, if you need me. Just call!
Statesman Realty Lodi, CA
(209)333-2380
1-800-407-SOLD(7653)
Email: Larry@LarryUnderhill.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home