Tuesday, February 13, 2007

December 29, 2006 New Years Rant.

THE REAL (ESTATE) STORY
By Larry Underhill

HAPPY NEW YEAR (Monday)! Last column of the year. A great time to say Thank You to all who contributed to our success in 2006. THANK YOU!

ONCE AGAIN in 2006, over 90 percent of my business was either REPEAT business from folks who I have served in the past or REFERRAL business which came to me when YOU sent your friends and family my way. There’s no greater compliment that to be entrusted with your loved ones. I take your trust seriously!

KEEP ‘EM COMIN’! Someone recently told me, “It must feel great to be doing so well.” On the one hand, I’m humbled and blessed by the volume of business I’m doing (with the help of my Support Team). On the other hand, I’m never too busy for your referrals!

SUPPORT TEAM, CONT’D…I’m entering 2007 with a Team that’s geared up and ready for our best year ever! Let me introduce you: Greg Adams is a veteran Broker Associate with a practice of his own. He’s also my longtime Right-Hand Realtor, supporting me as I list and sell homes for my clients. Greg’s support frees me up to focus my energy on the crucial parts of every transaction (Negotiation. Contracts. Face time with my clients.). My daughter Angie Wieland serves the Team as Office Manager and support for Greg Adams. She takes the load off of Greg as much as possible. Angie’s backup person is my son Tom Underhill. He handles all things technological and offers general support to the whole operation. When Angie’s out on maternity leave early nest year, Tom will step up and fill a bigger role. I’m blessed! With all this help, 2007 promises to be a banner real estate year!

THE OTHER COMPONENT to Statesman Realty is the great bunch of Realtors that work here. Together we’ve created an office culture that’s positive, enthusiastic…and successful. This is a bunch of guys with BIG PLANS for 2007! They invest in training to “sharpen their tools” so they can serve their clients at a higher level. They’re looking forward to THEIR best year ever in 2007! Let me introduce them: Don Brandt is a Broker Associate who has been at this longer than I have (I’m in my entering my 23rd year as a licensee, and he’s over 30 years in the biz!). The aforementioned Greg Adams has some great goals for 2007. Statesman’s Pat Piccardo retired as a Battalion Chief for the Stockton Fire Department. He says, “I used to help people OUT of buildings, and now I help them INTO homes!” 2007 is Pat’s year to shine. John Manguso had a GREAT 2006. Early next year he’ll receive his Master’s Club award for outstanding 2006 sales production, and he plans to improve on 2006 in the year to come! Mark Edwards, former teacher and middle school principal, is “hitting the ground running” and off to a fine start, as is Lodi native Richard Mahoney, whose background in corporate sales comes in handy in his real estate practice. These Realtors are a pleasure to work with. Best of all, I watch these guys encourage each other and celebrate each others’ success. I’m blessed.

IT’S GREAT to love to come to work in the morning. When you enjoy what you do, it’s not work! Let’s talk again next year. How about Saturday? Happy New Year!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home