Thursday, November 02, 2006

THE REAL (ESTATE) STORY

By Larry Underhill

BIG CHANGES GOIN’ ON…My Director of First Impressions, Debbie Mason, was very clear with me when she first signed on here that ultimately she wanted to be a full-time loan officer. She figured she’d be here at Statesman Realty for two or three years before she took the plunge.

That was then. The longer Debbie worked here in the company of our little band of optimistic, motivated, focused Realtors, the more restless she became. Finally, after an enthusiasm-charged office meeting three weeks ago, she could no longer contain herself. “I love it here, but you’ve got me so excited about real estate that I have to go do it!” Debbie’s been using Brian Buffini’s Client Appreciation materials and she’s doing just great. She currently has THREE loans in process and more clients in the pipeline. Need a loan or a refi? Call Debbie at 209-483-3986. Tell her Larry sent ya.

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE OFFICE…I had a vital slot to fill. Coincidentally, my darling daughter Angie Wieland was ready for a move up in her real estate career. Angie has a degree in economics and she’s studying for her Broker’s license. She’s been working for a Sacramento real estate office, handling listings, transactions and management duties. When I mentioned the opportunity here in little old Lodi, she was excited! Me, too.

BABY IN ESCROW: One small footnote to this story. Angie has my very first grandbaby on board! Angie and husband Guinness Wieland anticipate the arrival of their baby girl in early February. Ol’ Grandpa can’t wait.

JUST LISTED: 908 Downing Drive is a great Westside value at $319,950. Over 1100 square feet with three bedrooms and two baths, this home features central heat and air, new carpet, new garage door, and more! And what a location! Close to schools, parks, shopping. And it’s OPEN TODAY from 1 to 3 p.m.! Statesman’s Mark Edwards will host.

BIG CHANGES, CONT’D…I’m excited to announce a new arrival of a different sort. Lodi’s Richard Mahoney is now affiliated with Statesman Realty! This office is deliberately small. Every person here is carefully selected and hand-picked. Richard’s decades of sales experience are a strong credential, but most important to me, his character and integrity make him a standout. This is a guy who cares more about serving his clients than about making a commission. That’s the only kind of person I want under this roof.

Like Mark Edwards, Richard’s a longtime client of mine. He and his wife Valerie are seasoned real estate investors with more experience than many Realtors! I have this odd habit of turning my clients into Realtors. All joking aside, I’m gratified to see guys like Mark and Richard thrive in their real estate careers.

CONGRATULATIONS to Broker Associates Don Brandt and Greg Adams on a total of FOUR closed “sides” this week! Three for Don, one for Greg. Good job, fellers! WHAT soft market?

THANKS IN ADVANCE: If you know of someone who needs a hardworkin’ Broker, please call me with their name and number! I’ll follow up and take great care of them. Have a happy week! See you next Sat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home