Monday, October 09, 2006

September 30, 2006

THE REAL (ESTATE) STORY
By Larry Underhill


CONGRATULATIONS to Mike and Kristi Aberle (and their baby girl Ashlyn) on the successful purchase of their Lodi home! This is the first home purchase for this young couple, so it’s exciting and scary all at once! My job is to guide my clients through the white water of a real estate transaction. This job is easier when I’m working with exceedingly nice people! Mike and Kristi qualify as such, as do the rest of the clients I’ll be mentioning today. For example…

CONGRATS also to Mike and Diana Hines, the Sellers of Mike and Kristi’s new abode. Mike’s a cabinetmaker, and he rebuilt this Northside home from the ground up. It’s a beautiful home and a great place for the Aberles to settle down for the next few years. The Hines family is already relocated to Idaho where Mike is enjoying plenty of work and lower home prices.

Mike and Diana called me for pointers when they tried to sell their home By Owner. I was free with my suggestions, and we built a level of trust that ultimately led to me listing their home for sale. Then the Aberles showed up, and the rest is history. (Representing both Buyer and Seller generally makes for a smoother transaction. As you’ve heard me say, it’s easier to work with the other Realtor when you ARE the other Realtor!). I’m blessed with SO many great clients! Exhibit C:

CONGRATULATIONS to Hal and Betty Brister. I was happy to help them close escrow on their charming Bangs Ranch home this past week. This is the third transaction I’ve helped them complete over the past few years. Over 90 percent of my clients are either “repeaters” or they’re referred to me by friends or family. The wonderful thing about referrals is: What kind of people do nice people hang out with? OTHER nice people! My client list is filled with salt-of-the-earth-quality folks. Thanks also to Realtor Letty Escutia, who represented the Buyers on this transaction. Good job, Letty! (Working with great Realtors is a joy, too!).

PRICE REDUCED BY $25,000! These Sellers want to SELL! 1516 Mariposa Way was a good deal before at $325,000. Now, at $299,950, it’s unbeatable! Central heat and air! 1160 square feet! White vinyl-clad dual-pane windows! RV pad! Master Bedroom with bath! Possible third bedroom (If you replace the wall that was removed years ago. Otherwise, leave it as it is and enjoy a bigger Living Room and fireplace!). Great Westside location! Two bedrooms and two full baths! This is a value. Don’t snooze…

LAST CONGRATULATIONS OF THE DAY go to the sharpest 90-year-old I know, Mrs. Lillian Weber. I was privileged to represent her in the sale of her Lakewood-area home. I want to thank the family members who sent her my way for entrusting her to me. Another happy ending! Thanks go to Danville Realtor Jeff Carter for his service as Buyers’ agent in this adventure. Thanx, Jeff!

LAST THANKS go to Broker Associate and right-hand Realtor Greg Adams. This guy (along with Director of First Impressions Debbie Mason) provides the support I need to keep my listings selling! WHAT soft real estate market? Have a great week! See you next Sat.

Statesman Realty Lodi, CA
(209)333-2380
1-800-407-SOLD(7653)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home