Friday, September 22, 2006

September 9, 2006

THE REAL (ESTATE) STORY
By Larry Underhill



I DROPPED my oldest daughter Heather and my son-in-law Joel Swenddal at the Pleasanton BART station. They took the train into SFX and then flew across the sea. Yesterday they finished their first week as “Heather Teacher” and “Joel Teacher” at a private school in South Korea. They signed a contract to teach English for a YEAR there. So far, so good! Learning English is a high priority in most Asian countries, so they received offers from many schools. Their first night in South Korea, their school administrator took them to dinner…at T.G.I. Friday’s!

THEY SAY parenthood is a constant process of letting go. It’s true. My mind flashes back to the first time I left Heather at pre-school. She was screaming and clutching my hand. A bystander would have thought I was feeding her to wolves. “It’s better if you leave quickly,” a kindly gray-haired teacher suggested. I did, but it was hard to go. (Heather settled down the minute I left).

I EXPERIENCED that same “parental ache” with each of my three as I prayed with them in the car before they walked into school. From pre-school to high school, the drill never varied. Parenthood IS an ongoing process of learning to let go…but the joy of launching your kids into the world, of cheering them on and being there for them to lean on when life rears up and smacks them, that’s precious.

CONGRATULATIONS to Charles and Rita Martin on their successful purchase of a near-new Lodi home! They’re excited and happy. I think my Dad’s tomatoes may have had something to do with their decision to buy this particular home. My parents live in the neighborhood, and my father loves to give tomatoes from his back yard garden to deserving recipients. The Martins can look forward to more tomatoes in the future. It wasn’t actually in the purchase contract, but it’ll happen!

THANK YOU also to Realtor David Pfenning, who represented the Seller in this adventure. Thanks, David!

RIDE FOR LIFE! My Harley-ridin’ pastor, Tim Stevenson, and anybody who’d like to come along will gather at Horizon Community Church TODAY for a benefit Ride For Life. Registration is from 8 to 9 this morning at Horizon (446 Fairway Drive in Galt..the old bowling alley/bingo hall, now a nicely remodeled church building). The posse leaves the church at 9:30 today for Murphys Park in the lovely foothill burg of…Murphys, of course! This is a benefit for Lodi’s Pregnancy Resource Center. Ride your motorcycle, drive your classic car, or come in your soccer-mom minivan! The cost is $25.00 per person, which is a DEAL considering the following:

BARBECUE AND LIVE MUSIC! A little blues (I’ll hold up the blues-harp end of things), a little country twang (Garydon Ricks can’t HE’P hisself), a jumpin’ band (Semper Fi), and a lot of good food and friendly people. All of this in a lush tree-shaded park with Murphys Creek running through it. What’s not to like? Hope to see you today. It’s a good cause. Have a great week!

Statesman Realty Lodi, CA
(209)333-2380
1-800-407-SOLD(7653)
www.LarrySellsLodi.com
www.larryunderhill.com
Email: Larry@LarryUnderhill.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home