Monday, March 26, 2007

March 24th, 2007

“THERE IS NO CURE for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.” George Santanaya said that. I’m not sure I agree with ALL of George’s observations, but this one makes sense! Of course, as a Christ-follower, I consider Him the “cure for death” (Easter is April 8! Check it out!), but I’m all for enjoying the trip between birth and death!

CORRECTION: That close-in country homesite I mentioned last week, the one with the walnut orchard and 1.66 acres of country solitude, is listed at $319,950! This parcel is a half-mile or so east of Highway 99 on the south side of Acampo Road. It’s a beauty!

MANY PEOPLE who have purchased five-acre (or larger) parcels WISH they had bought a smaller piece! The above property has it all: A manageable size, loads of ambiance, and a great location five minutes from Lodi! Just drive east on Acampo Road (It’s a pretty drive even if you’re not in the market), and keep your eye out to the south side of the road. You’ll see two For Sale signs side by side identifying two similar parcels, both in walnuts. Mine is the one with the Statesman Realty sign! (Duh).

NATIONAL SPEAKER Rita Perez tells of her husband’s oft-repeated adage, “Don’t sweat the small stuff.” She says it’s his standard answer to almost any situation. One day, Rita was fed up. She asked her husband, “Okay. You always tell me not to sweat the small stuff. So what’s BIG stuff?” Her husband said, “You’re born, that’s big stuff. You die, that’s big stuff. Everything else? Small stuff.” I think that’s when she slugged him.

I HAVEN’T MENTIONED 19328 Page Court lately, partly because I expected it to be SOLD by now! This one is special. Nestled in a Windwood cul-de-sac, it’s larger (2400-plus square feet) than it appears from the street. My Sellers say they’ve put over $200,000 into improvements in the five years they’ve lived here, and I believe them! I have TWO PAGES of upgrades and special features, if you’re interested. This home delivers more than any new home you could buy. The Sellers weren’t planning on moving for a long time! Plans change, and this could be the home you’ve been seeking! $725,000.

LOTS OF INTEREST in 123 East Walnut, that barely-eastside six-plex listed at $699,950. I have several investors considering this property, but as of now it’s still very much for sale!

CONGRATULATIONS to longtime Lodi police officer Ernie Nies on his retirement from the force. I’ve had the pleasure of serving quite a few lawmen and women over the years, including Ernie and his wife Debbie. People in that profession (and their spouses) don’t get enough credit for what they do! I know I speak for thousands of Lodians when I say, “You are appreciated.”

Have a great week! See you next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home