Friday, February 03, 2006

January 21, 2006


THE REAL (ESTATE) STORY
By Larry Underhill



VOTE WITH YOUR WALLET: The movie I spoke of last week, End Of The Spear, opened yesterday at Lodi’s Stadium 12 Cineplex. In case you’re unfamiliar with it, this is the story of five young missionaries who (fifty years ago last Sunday) were killed by the bloodthirsty Waodani tribe in the rainforests of Ecuador. The missionaries’ wives returned to Ecuador, risking their own lives, and befriended the tribe. The story’s told through the eyes of the young son of one of the men who was martyred. Powerful!

The best way to inspire the Hollywood types to deliver quality films is to throw down your cash and SEE the good ones when they come along. Opening Weekend is crucial to the moguls’ evaluation on whether a movie gets widespread exposure or a quick trip to DVD land. Go see this flick this weekend! Tell ‘em I sent ya. You’ll get a souvenir ticket stub.

ALTHO I’VE HEARD great things about End Of The Spear, I’ve actually SEEN The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. Twice! Excellent film. It’s so gratifying to see new movies that are genuinely entertaining and well-made. Enjoy!

NEW LISTING! This one’s a beauty. Built in 1976 by respected local builder Loren Perry as his personal residence, 303 Rainier Drive is 1814 square feet of comfortable home. Great Westside location, too! I like the step-down Family Room with its rustic exposed-beam ceiling and massive masonry fireplace. Separate Living Room! Large Laundry Room with deep sink! Tile roof! Three good-sized bedrooms. One impressive feature: There’s storage everywhere! I was amazed as my Seller showed me the wealth of cupboards and cabinets. All this for $439,950? If you hurry.

WE’RE NEGOTIATING with a Buyer on 2452 Grenoble Court as I write this, but an offer doesn’t always mean a sale. As of this writing, Grenoble is very much on the market! Built by Richard Entzi, this spacious one-story home is nestled at the end of the cul-de-sac on a HUGE (over 12,000 square feet) professionally-landscaped lot. I could wax eloquent about the many custom features of this fine home, but I’ll let you discover for yourself! At $789,000, this home is a value.

CUTE AND CLEAN! My upstairs condo listing on McCoy Court features recently-remodeled kitchen, fresh interior paint, and more! A special feature you don’t usually find in Lodi condos: Your garage is only steps from your home here! At $188,950, you can’t go wrong! Call me for details.

I’M AMAZED at the current market. I fully expected the recent “topping out” of the residential real estate market to follow the pattern I remembered from the last time around (1990). You may remember: The market turned on a dime from Seller’s Market to Buyer’s Market, from hot to cold, seemingly overnight! Not so this time. Prices have settled, without a doubt. Sellers must get their prices in line with reality if they expect to sell. But Buyers are still buying! It’s a much healthier market environment than the recent past. Personally, I couldn’t ask for a better January…Thanks to many of YOU!

GOTTA GO! See you at Stadium 12! Have a great week.



Statesman Realty
(209) 333 2380
1-800-407-SOLD (7653)
Email: Larry@LarryUnderhill.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home